Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rusty's 4!

Rusty just turned 4 and had the "Best Birthday Ever!" Since our birthdays are a day apart, Rusty and I started the birthday celebrations by going out on a little date to Wendy's Friday night. His kids meal came with a Mad Libs Jr. so we played that all night and had quite a few laughs. When Rusty woke up on Saturday he started singing happy birthday to me and presented me with a gift wrapped in a blanket. It was Nate's I-touch! I got many more re-gifted gifts from Rusty through out the day :).

Rusty woke up Sunday morning bouncing off the walls with excitement! We (as in Nate) let him open one present before church and it was....the fire house Lego's he's wanted his whole life!

He ran around the house yelling, "This is the best birthday ever" after opening his Lego's.

That night we had a joint little party at my parent's house. My mom made a delicious raspberry lemonade cake for me and cupcakes for Rusty.

This was my dad's green way of wrapping a present. Rusty thought it was pretty cool.
Then on Monday night we had his pool party with family and friends. It was a lot of fun and luckily not too crowded.


According to Rusty, here are a few of his favorite things:

Food: oranges
Color: blue
TV Show: Rescue Hero's and Turbo Dogs
Game: Curious George
Toy: Lego's
Parent: "Kaia, she's the best and doesn't make me go to time out"

Happy Birthday little squirt!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Rusty! Thanks for inviting us to his party. Cambrie had a lot of fun! We need to go again sometime!

contentw2 said...

Shayla would now like a princess pool party because she had such a great time at Rusty's. I am glad he had such a great birthday.

Liz said...

It looks like he had a fun birthday! Caden thinks every day is my birthday. He found where I keep all the gift bags and he wraps up random things for me everyday. It's pretty funny!

The Baker said...

Happy belated to you both. Kids make birthdays so fun. My kids color pages then tear them out and wrap them up as presents. Or Brooklin makes me a bead necklace at school...which I do wear in public!

iamwright said...

How adorable! I love his little face in the one where he's holding his army toy.

Kyla said...

he is adorable!! Happy birthday Rusty~ and you too devon :)