Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Ghostbusters!

Rusty and I have been looking forward to his party since last October. He outlined the plans right after Kaia's party and I think we did a pretty good job making it all happen. He's never actually seen the movies and it's been quite a while since I've watched them, but all you really need to know is the theme song, right?

We did have a little scare about 10 days before the party when he thought he wanted to switch to a Lego Star Wars theme, but I quickly reminded him of the plan and how much cooler the Ghostbusters were.



Trying on the back packs, which in theory were a great idea but I should have taken Rusty's advice and used a stapler.
Cutest Slimer ever!
Marshmallow gun "feeding" Slimer...yum!
Ghost shooting with Nerf Guns. Favorite one liner from Rusty after the girls turn: "Come on guys lets give the girls a hand, they tried."
*Ghost hunting or in Rusty's words, "an easter egg hunt but with suckers wrapped up like ghosts" - exactly!


*Plan: Dance party in the kitchen and Nate, aka Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, would enter, the kids would spray him and he would go down. *Reality: Nate came in with both guns blazing. I'm pretty sure most of the kids were freaked out at first, but then they got into it and blasted him back. HUGE mess, but tons of fun to watch! :)
*Junk food at Slimer's Snack Stand (the after picture...I didn't think to get a before shot).


5 comments:

elizabeth said...

That looks like a seriously awesome party! Did you make everything??

Shian said...

Devon, you have such great ideas! Everything looked so fantastic. Happy birthday to Rusty!

Sorry we couldn't make it Saturday :( Tom didn't tell me until Friday night and I had already made plans with my mom to have my birthday dinner since my brother and fam were up.

Williams Family Dirt said...

That is so cute!

Shian said...

Happy birthday to you too :)

iamwright said...

He's so adorable! Lexi says she likes the 'do do do' part. :)